Any graduation high school senior who is a member of Ave Maria Parish, and who has been accepted by an accredited college or university as a full-time student, shall be eligible to apply for a scholarship given by the Knights of Columbus Council 7880.
Applicants for a Knights of Columbus Scholarship shall be judged on the basis of academic excellence, extra-curriculum activities (School, Community, and Church), and an Essay Question. The selection committee is made up of three members of the Board of Trustees. The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTATION
To be considered for the Knights of Columbus Scholarship, a graduating high school senior must:
1. Complete the prescribed application form. All questions must be answered fully.
2. Attach a certified transcript of his or her high school grades.
3. Include a copy of a letter of acceptance from the college or university. If an acceptance letter in not available at the time of application, the Council receive a copy of the letter of acceptance before making an award.
4. Deliver all documentation to the Committees not later than the announced date for application. Any application received after this date will not be considered.
There will be one male and one female winner selected from the entries. Each winner will receive not less than $1000.00 (One thousand dollars) for use towards tuition, books, fee or other related expenses. The winners will be announced at the Pancake Breakfast after the 9:30 Mass if the 3rd Sunday in May (also known as Graduation Sunday).
1. Please print or type the information in the application in blue or black.
2. Use Additional paper if necessary and cite application section number.
3. Items denoted with an asterisk(*) must be verified by the applicant principle, counselor or registrar. Please ensure you have their signature as well.
4. Each applicant must submit a sealed high school transcript with this completed application.
5. Please return the application and all required documents by deadline to the Ave Maria Parish office or mail to:
Knights of Columbus 7880
9056 E Parker Road
Parker, CO 80134
6. Please direct any questions to Jack Donovan at:
7. Winners will be announced following a review if all applications.
8. Good Luck!
DEADLINE: Thursday May 4, 2023.
All information received by this Committee will be kept in strict confidence and retained by the Committee. The decision of the Committee is